1. Preheat the oven to 200*C. Slice eggplant lengthways into 12 thin pieces. Line a large baking tray with a clean tea towel then lay the half of the eggplant slices in a single layer onto the tray. Salt both sides generously. Cover with another tea towel and repeat with the remaining eggplant slices. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the eggplant to sweat and release any excess liquid. Pat dry with and gently wipe off the excess salt.
2. Lightly brush both sides of the eggplant with olive oil and place in a single layer onto 2 baking trays. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until slightly tender.
3. In the meantime, add all of the ricotta filling ingredients into a food processor and blitz until creamy and well combined.
4. Add half of your marinara sauce onto the bottom of a large baking dish. On each eggplant, spread a generous tablespoon of the free from tomato pesto before topping with the ricotta filling. Roll then lay seam side down in the baking dish on top of the sauce. Repeat with the remaining eggplant slices.
5. Pour over the remaining marinara, sprinkle with vegan mozzarella, cover with foil and bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover then bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese has completely melted.
6. Top with fresh basil and serve.